Friday, February 10, 2012

Valentine's Day, 2012

After almost a year of posting anything on my blog, I have a project to share! I have been spending most of my time working on Ryann's scrapbooks (3 books so far and I'm not even up to month 8 of her life). We might have to add a wing onto the house for all of her books! =) I'm currently working on a book for her first birthday on Shutterfly. It's a kind of digital scrap booking. It takes a lot of time but maybe a bit less time than picking pics and paper, etc. We'll see if I finish it or not. Might run out of patience!

So, I feel that I outdid myself with Valentine's Day for James last year - the pics of Ryann, half naked and teeny tiny - how do you even compete with that??? I came up with an idea, however and with the help of my fantastic MIL, I think that I have something pretty good for this year, too. James is huge into everything fantasy: dragons, knights, etc. My MIL drew a picture of a winged dragon and then incorporated Ryann's hands, fingers and feet prints to complete the picture. The dragon is holding a book, as James is an unpublished author. However, the title on the book is "The Belly Button Book" by Sandra Boynton. This is Ryann's favorite book - the one that she pulls out to read all the time. I can't take much credit on this project, aside from having the idea, but I LOVE it, all the same! =)





Posted by Picasa

Her hand print is the "wings", her finger tips were used to create the spikes down his spine and her foot/toes were used to create his foot



Ryann "signed" the back of her gift - I didn't realize it until we had drawn her hand that her fingers were in the form of "I love you" in sign language! So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment