Sunday, June 30, 2013

Foot surgery project

I have recently been working on changing the theme in our bathroom to owls. I decided a while ago that I wanted to do a cross stitch of owls and it took me forever to find one that I liked. I ordered this from eBay, it is from the 1950s (Jane Snead Samplers "Keepsake Needlework" No. 497 OWL COUPLE), I believe. The kit was complete, still in original packaging! This kit only came with 5 different colors of thread (red, purple, light blue, blue and orange). NONE of which I liked. The design was pre-printed on linen. Obviously, I changed all of the colors, making it match the decor in our bathroom. I worked on this for about 3 solid weeks while I was recovering from foot surgery and couldn't really do much else. It was a great way to pass the time! I LOVE how this turned out! I changed the design a bit, too - I gave the male a little "suit" and put a dress and a necklace on the female, giving it way more personality than the original had. I bought a plain wood frame which my fantastic MIL painted white and then she matted it for me. Did I mention that I love this?! =) We have plaster walls throughout our house, making it almost impossible to hang things on the wall so I am waiting for my FIL to come over to put a nail in the wall so that it can hang in it's reserved place in the bathroom. I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment