Sunday, February 10, 2013

Kids' Valentine/Tea Party

Valentine party invitations: Of course, they are way cuter than what the camera can capture! Red card stock base, red & pink heart paper, edges cut with scalloped scissors, red heart punched out on glitter card stock, small epoxy heart sticker in middle, "you're invited" on a small piece of pink card stock. The heart & "you're invited" are raised with pop dots for effect.  I found this cute idea for glow stick Valentine's (http://spoonful.com/crafts/hearts-aglow).  SUPER easy (and cheap!) to make!  I printed the bigger hearts from a Word document, using the AutoShape function and the 'Jellyka - Love and Passion font that I got for free.(http://www.kevinandamanda.com/fonts/freescrapbookfonts/) The heart says "Your Friendship makes my heart glow" on the front and "Happy Valentine's Day, Love Ryann" on the back. I used a Stampin' Up heart punch for the "arrow" pieces.  I have only used Tombow adhesive to keep them attached to the glow stick, which isn't working out as well as I'd hoped, but I figure the kids won't keep them on for long anyway. I also made gift bags for each girl - I used a Sizzix die for the hearts, on plain pink bags and wrote the girls' names with glitter glue. Nothing fancy.

The menu?! Pink hot chocolate,(http://barbarabeerykidscooking.wordpress.com/2010/02/07/kids-valentine-recipe-pink-hot-chocolate/), popcorn chicken, BBQ wienies, jalapeno roll-ups, Mexican dip, pink (yello) cupcakes, heart-shaped cut out cookies. The hot chocolate wasn't as great as I wanted it to be! The girls did drink some, but it is not something I will be making again in the future. Live & learn, right?! The best part of it was that we had little espresso cups for them to drink out of, which was great for photos!

The party was a great success! All of the girls had so much fun! We made one easy craft - a pre-cut foam owl and a print out of an elephant that we used Washable Crayola finger paint to make a hand print for the elephant's ear. Fun and so easy to do!




No comments:

Post a Comment