Monday, May 13, 2013

Monogrammed Burlap wreath

I don't spend tons of time looking through Pinterst (because I don't have tons of FREE time) but I do enjoy looking at ideas, even if I know that I'll never have the time to make them! This idea, however, I wasn't able to get out of my mind! I didn't follow any directions from Pinterest. Not exactly. I used a metal 18" wreath - it has three 'layers', slots to put things in. I bought burlap ribbon at Hobby Lobby (I ended up using 1 whole roll and about 3/4 of a second roll). I tucked the ribbon through the wreath, alternating top row, bottom row, pinching the burlap at the bottom, wrapping the bottom of the burlap with floral wire to hold it's shape and then wrapping it around the wreath to hold the loop in place. Some tutorials called for cutting the burlap and making separate loops. That seemed like way too much work to me! I kind of made this up as I went along. Much to my surprise, it was symmetrical when I was finished!!! After lots of though, I decided that burlap doesn't need any decoration. It kind of says it all just by itself. I DID see lots of monogrammed wreaths on Pinterst and loved that idea! So,yep, I bought I wooden "F" (for Fischer) on sale at Hobby Lobby and painted it with teal paint, adding varying sizes of circles that I painted in chocolate brown and Papaya orange. My mother in law used a darker teal/blue to do some shading around the "F" to make it stand out against the burlap and to give it some depth. (I found a metal flower to hang on my front porch that had these colors in it, I wanted to tie the 2 together, kind of matching the colors of the brick of our house). I LOVE how this wreath turned out! I normally change my wreaths for the seasons but I think this one will be hanging up year-round, at least until I get tired of it! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment