Saturday, January 26, 2013

So, it's not a craft, but it IS a project....

Ryann was big enough last year to explore and be amazed with all that is outside - the grass, bugs, sticks, trees, leaves...and flowers! She got to the point where she would sniff anything that remotely resembled a flower. There's a small piece of "land" at the back corner of our property. To be honest, we don't know if it belongs to us or to our neighbors, but they are nice enough people that we can agree to share it. =) It was just a dirt patch, not even any grass growing in it. I did my best to shape the little area and then, as we'd find seeds, etc, Ryann and I would take them out back to plant them. We didn't get any much rain and we had to water it a LOT but nothing really came up.  We transplanted some brown-eyed susans from another flower bed and my MIL brought over some daisies, so we'll see what happens this year.  The "project" I'm referring to in this post is a little seedling patch Ryann and I started January 24, 2013 .  We got the Jiffy "greeenhouse" and 3 packets of seeds at the grocery store.  We bought a wildflower mix, Butterfly bush and Gallardia. The Gallardia & the wildflowers are both sprouting.  The ones that are going crazy, though I shouldn't be shocked by this, are the wildflowers!  You know the saying "Growing like a bad weed".  Well, I suppose that wildflowers are technically weeds, right?!  AND, might I add, my favorite kinds of flowers!  I love the ones that are just here and there as you drive along the back roads.  I have high hopes for "Ryann and Momma's flower garden" this year.  I don't even pretend to have a green thumb, but you just never know....




No comments:

Post a Comment