Monday, January 7, 2013

Snowman Pumpkin & Baby shower gift

This year, Ryann was old enough to really get into Fall - the leaves changing colors & falling off the trees and, most importantly, she became absolutely infatuated with pumpkins "Gumpins" and Jack-O-Lanterns"Jack-o-Wackins!!! Daddy carved a Jack-O-Lantern and she thought that was so exciting! At James' work, they had a pumpkin decorating contest. He LOVES doing this stuff and decided that his team was going to do a Stay Puft Marshmallow Man pumpkin (they actually had a WHITE pumpkin!). Ryann was so in love with that pumpkin that she got upset when I mentioned throwing it away. Taking the Stay Puft hat off of it, concocting a "top hat" and a button nose, it easily became a snowman gumpin! The pumpkin finally made it's way into the trash this past Friday. I also had a baby shower to go to in November! This shower was for James' dad's cousin's daughter-in-law. (did you get that???). Megan was expecting baby Archer at the end of December. We haven't had many boys around us lately - just about everyone we know has had baby girls in the past several years! My mother in law had this shadow box that she wasn't going to use for anything and offered it up to. I found an idea on Pinterest (though I could have totally come up with it on my own) and altered it a bit. I was very pleased with how it turned out! I glued a piece of scrap paper to the back of the shadow box, added a journaling block, painted a wooden letter "A" (for Archer) in red and added a small photo frame that she can change photos/put a newborn pic in, etc. I was very pleased with this gift!
Owl Jack-O-Lantern. James is a beast @ carving pumpkins!
Stay Puft Marshmallow Man pumpkin
Snowman pumpkin
Baby Shower shadow box

No comments:

Post a Comment